Civil war soldiers fought for their lives way back in 1864 in Southwest Arkansas. Thanks to a nonprofit these hallowed battlefields may soon be turned into a historic walking venue for history buffs. The Nevada County Depot paid close to one million dollars for ownership of this historic 448 acre property. In 1864 the armies clashed on this property running close to the Missouri River. The land being preserved some 152 years later is a positive sign in honoring the brave soldiers who gave their lives.