County Executive Ike Leggett’s office has announced that Rockville’s Confederate soldier statue is on the move. Currently situated next to the Old Red Brick Courthouse, its new home will be on private property at Dickerson’s White’s Ferry. United Daughters of the Confederacy donated the 20-foot statue to the county in 1913 as a way to honor local men who were part of the Confederacy during the Civil War.
43 Percent of Voters View Display of Confederate Flag as ‘Southern Pride’
Alabama Dealership Offers American Car Flag with Every Purchase
Confederate monument in Tallahassee under fire again